Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Byham Theater

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Scope Note: Originally built in 1903 as the Gayety Theater, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust purchased this 1300-seat venue, then called the Fulton Theater, in 1988. The Trust renovated and reopened the Fulton Theater in 1991. The theater was renamed the Byham Theater in 1995, in recognition of a gift from William C. and Carolyn M. Byham. Today, the Byham Theater is home to a wide variety of performing arts, including dance, music, theater, film, and family-friendly events held throughout the year.

More information at: https://trustarts.org/pct_home/visit/facilities/byham

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Barrymore

 Item — Box 3
Scope and Contents From the Collection: This collection consists of playbills, programs, and personal items collected by Tuck throughout his many years of theater-going. The bulk of the collection represents Pittsburgh area theaters as well as London area theatres. There are personal items such as his ticket stubs from performances, phonograph records, and newspaper clippings collected by Mr. Tuck in this collection as well.Throughout Mr. Tuck’s theater-going career he saw many different types of plays, musicals, operas,...
Dates: Existence: 1951 - 2014

Mostly Sondheim

 Item — Box 5
Scope and Contents From the Collection: This collection consists of playbills, programs, and personal items collected by Tuck throughout his many years of theater-going. The bulk of the collection represents Pittsburgh area theaters as well as London area theatres. There are personal items such as his ticket stubs from performances, phonograph records, and newspaper clippings collected by Mr. Tuck in this collection as well.Throughout Mr. Tuck’s theater-going career he saw many different types of plays, musicals, operas,...
Dates: Existence: 1951 - 2014